The Suffolk and Norfolk Social Work Teaching Partnership has announced the latest session in a series of events focusing on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
Suffolk and Norfolk Social Work Teaching Partnership
Improving social work education in Suffolk and Norfolk
Our partnership is dedicated to improving social work education. We are representatives from the local authorities, Suffolk County Council and Norfolk County Council and higher educational institutions, University of Suffolk, and University of East Anglia and Norwich City College.
Our membership includes our lived experience communities across Suffolk and Norfolk.
We work together to improve recruitment and retention and career development opportunities for social workers.
Our current partnership objectives include:
- Expanding the range of high-quality placements and support for social work students;
- Targeting support for social work students to mitigate any learning gaps due to the impact of covid-19 on their placement experience;
- Expanding the voice of our lived experience communities in all parts of the social work degree;
- Creating digital resources to bring more unheard voices into the curriculum;
- Raising the profile of social work with a focus on attracting people from a more diverse range of backgrounds;